<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/36625276?origin\x3dhttp://num55missedlurve.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Wednesday, January 09, 2013
Struck by Lightning ; 9:23 PM


Wanna document this. :) more to come! :) Finished the book on 22nd Jan 2013! :) Takeaways ~ :

Claire Mathews: "Oh Carson, you always thought you were so much better than us because we all couldn't stand you but get ready for pure hatred coming your way because as soon as the rest of the school finds out about this and they tell their parents, the entire town will actually hate you!"
Carson Phillips: "ALRIGHT, ENOUGH! ALRIGHT!? I didn't just stand up for myself in there, I was standing up for all of you! The minute you guys walked onto this campus, you were labelled as high school royalty and you would rather maintain that label then- heaven forbid , stand up for yourselves! But high school ends! And for your sakes, I hope you guys aren't the walking cliches everyone thinks you are 'cause life is going to walk all over you - it's going to bite you in the ass!"

Carson: "It's one of the most amazing experiences finding something to write about or realizing something for the first time. It comes out of nowhere and just hits you. Then it's all you can think about and it goes through your body and tries to excape and be expressed in anyway possible. It's alot like... lightning.

Carson : "You can hope in one hand, shit in the other and see which is filled first."

Carson : "Why is it that some people are selfish by nature and others have to be selfish just to survive?"

Carson: "Yes, unfortunately we live in a world where the pretty, the popular, and the wealthy sometimes prevail over the rest. And yes, sometimes people and circumstances get in the way of achieving your dreams and seeing your vision all the way through. And yes, if you hold an advantage over everyone else while you're out there trying to get there (intelligence, creativity, or drive), people will always bring you down that much more.

But if I let those types of people bring me down, the people too pigheaded to encourage the good I'm trying to spread to the world, then I'm not as smart as I think I am.

From this day on, I refuse to let anyone bring me to a point where I can't take a horrible situation and spin it into something beneficial. I will never let anyone make me feel anything I don't want to feel again or rob me of the passions that make me who I am.

A life without meaning, without drive or focus, without dreams or goals, isn't a life worth living."

Carson: "I thought I was gay for about a week once (I think everyone does at one point). But I think it was just the girls around me that I found repulsive."

"No one is saying it's going to be easy. It may be the hardest thing you ever have to do, and some may have to wait and plan much longer than others. But if your life is being ruined because you're living in an environment that doesn't accept you, and you don't at least try to move to one that does, then you can only blame yourself."

On a side note, truthfully, I HATE CARSON'S DAD FOR REPEATING THIS SENTENCE: "I can only say sorry so many times." Just an excuse for him not to do anything about it. -.-

Carson to his mum: "Thank you for being the perfect example of something I refuse to become."

Malerie: "What isn't worth remembering? With good memories come bad memories, and I've got a lot of both. At least this way I can fast-forward through all the bad stuff. A counselor told me once that it doesn't matter if you are stuck in the past or trying to forget the past; what matters is what you do with the present. So that's why I try to soak it up as much as possible."

Carson: "I was too busy dwelling in my sorrow I forgot about what I actually accomplished. I guess I was so busy trying to get people to hear me, I never thought about listening."

Life comes at you fast. It runs through your body and tries to escape and be expressed in any way possible. It's 


a lot like lightning. 
Another book oh so awesome ! :)


Cohesion
Fall lower to fly higher.
Live to eat, smile, love and give
Yours truly, Lolita Fong


Remember
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
November 2009
April 2010
June 2010
November 2010
December 2010
January 2011
April 2011
May 2011
July 2011
September 2011
October 2011
November 2011
February 2012
May 2012
June 2012
July 2012
September 2012
October 2012
December 2012
January 2013
March 2013
December 2013

Credits
designer fonts brushes